(Effective January 7, 2020)
Organized Binder (“Organized Binder”) is committed to the privacy and protection of your information. We want you to both understand and feel assured by the practices we use to safeguard the information you provide to Organized Binder’s websites, including our Teacher Subscription services and our corporate website.In short, Organized Binder:
- collects the minimum information needed to provide users access and support
- does not create student accounts or information
- does not market or advertise to students
- does not sell or distribute the information of any user
- meets or exceeds the industry standard for securing user information
: Organized Binder complies with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”). COPPA requires that website operators never knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13 without prior verifiable parental consent. Information collected from teachers, administrators, and other adult users and how that information is used
When you sign up for a Teacher Subscription account, submit a support request, make a purchase, or otherwise contact Organized Binder, you may provide Organized Binder with “personally identifiable information” such as your full name and email address. Organized Binder collects as little information as possible to facilitate your usage of Organized Binder’s websites. You should be aware that any personal information that is voluntarily posted by you to a public area of this Website may be viewed and used by other users.How it is used:
The personal information that you provide to Organized Binder may be stored, processed, and used by Organized Binder as follows:
- to respond to your comments, requests for information, and inquiries
- to help administer and protect the security or integrity of Organized Binder’s websites
- to process online purchases
- to permit access and use by users of our web-based subscription services
- for marketing and promotional purposes, including, without limitation, sending newsletters.
: A cookie is a persistent identifier. It is a bit of information (a small text file) that is stored on a user’s hard drive that enables the server to recognize your computer when it visits again.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. If you prefer not to accept cookies, you can set your web browser to reject them or to alert you before one is placed.Third-Party vendors and disclosure exceptions
Third party vendors:
Like many companies, Organized Binder engages third-party vendors to provide various services relating to Organized Binder’s websites, including hosting and data storage, analytics, and development services. To protect user privacy, we require our vendors to maintain the confidentiality of any information and do not authorize our vendors to retain, disclose, or share any information. Organized Binder uses the following third party services:
Amazon Web Services (“AWS”): Organized Binder uses AWS for hosting and data storage. The AWS services Organized Binder uses comply with multiple security standards including ISO 27018.
Google Analytics (“GA”): Organized Binder uses GA for understanding technical trends including browsers and page usage. GA has access to non-personal information and persistent identifiers as described above.Disclosure Exceptions:
Notwithstanding the above policies, we reserve the right to disclose your personal information to appropriate third parties if we are required to do so by law or we believe that such action is necessary:
- To comply with legal process such as a search warrant, subpoena or court order;
- To protect Organized Binder’s rights or defend against legal claims;
- To protect any other party’s rights, property and safety;
- To report to any law enforcement agency any activities that we, in good faith, believe to be unlawful;
- To investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving harassment, abusive messages or potential threats to the physical safety of any personHow your information is protected and what steps Organized Binder will take in the event of a security breach
To protect the privacy of student and all other users’ information, Organized Binder employs controls, including:
- Limiting data collected and saving only the minimum amount of information needed to perform tasks.
- Role-based access to data with the minimum amount of access needed to complete work being granted to both internal staff and customer users.
- Designating and training individuals responsible for the privacy and security of user data.
- Use of a Virtual Private Cloud on Amazon Web Services, an ISO-27018 compliant provider for storage of data.
- Periodic penetration tests to check for any system vulnerabilities.
- Deleting all student accounts and content on an annual basis.
- Automated monitoring and alerts for suspicious log-in attempts.
- Encrypting all user data in transit and at rest.
Unfortunately, no electronic communication over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. While we strive to take great care to protect your personal information, Organized Binder cannot warrant the security of any information that you submit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Remember to sign out and close your browser window when you are finished using a Organized Binder website to ensure that others cannot pose as you online.Breach notification:
While Organized Binder makes every effort to protect user information, in the event of a security breach, Organized Binder will notify users by email within 24 hours of discovering the breach. If the breach involves information from Organized Binder’s Subscription Services, Organized Binder will notify the Subscription Administrators whose accounts have been impacted. Organized Binder will reach out by telephone if telephonic notification has been requested by the school or district. If an affected account does not have a Subscription Administrator, the Subscription Coordinator will be notified. If an affected account has neither a Subscription Administrator nor Coordinator, individual teachers will be notified.Links to other websites, contacting Organized Binder about this policy, and changes to this policy
Links to Other Websites:
Organized Binder’s Subscription Services may contain links to other third-party websites. While we try to link only to third-party websites that share our respect for privacy, our Policy and privacy practices do not extend to and may differ from third-party websites that can be accessed through links on Organized Binder’s websites. We are not responsible for the content, security or privacy practices employed by other third-party websites. If you are concerned, please consider the privacy policies on the third-party website before registering with or navigating those sites.Contacting Us:
If you have any questions or concerns about this Policy or if you would like to review, update and delete any information that you have provided to us, please contact us at:
PO Box 161404
Sacramento, CA 95816[email protected]
To ask a question or file a complaint about our COPPA compliance, please email [email protected]Changes to this Policy:
Organized Binder may modify this Policy from time to time. We encourage you to review the Policy regularly for any changes. However, Organized Binder will not change how it uses your information or reduce your rights under this Policy without providing notice and requiring your consent to the changes.